The End Is Near

Thursday, November 20, 2008 Leave a Comment

8 more days to go!!!

A lot of people I know are already in a terrible state of panic as the NLE becomes nearer and nearer. I was one of them, but that was a long time ago. Come to think about it, I should be worried sick about it too, but I’ve learned. It’s nothing that I should be bothered about, really!

I’m one of the chosen few from our school whom the president is expecting to TOP the board, and that should already be a big burden for me. Add to that that I’ve been reviewing for it in more than a year already, big thanks to our school for getting us an in-house review (sarcastically speaking!) and I’ve took two review classes already (thanks to last season’s scandalous mishaps). That’s too much for an ordinary guy for me to handle, right?

But I’ve already been fretting for it for almost a year now. Should I continue worrying until the day of the exam? Hell no! I came to realize that I’ll be taking this exam for myself and nobody else. Whatever the results are, I’ll gladly accept it. Topping it would just be an icing in the cake. Seems too sweet to hear, but I’m not aiming at it at all.

It’s not that I’m lowering my expectations, I’m just being realistic. With the biggest number of applicants for the Nursing Board ever in the history of the country, you’ll surely be thinking twice if you really are the ONE! With all the good schools having students taking the board, who am I from a community college to dream that high?

It seems anticlimactic, but I rather take pleasure in the remaining days reviewing than be fretting about what might happen in the coming days. I’ve been thru too much already, and it’s time to have fun. It’s time to ignore the people who are expecting much from me. I’m pretty much happy by just passing the board exam. Life’s short, I’ll rather enjoy it as much as I can!

0 comments »