I Think I'm Paranoid

Wednesday, June 17, 2009 Leave a Comment

Whoever will tell me that nursing is easy surely don't know what they're talking about. It's like living in hell.

First of all, you are already offering your service for free in exchange for a simple Certificate of Employment, yet most hospitals requires a lot of training before they can hire you.

They'll look for all the certifications that they can (i.e. BLS, IVT and even ACLS) which would cost a lot... and I mean A LOT. One seminar would cost about 3k. And to top that, a couple of them requires you to submit a copy of your Certificate of Registration, to which unfortunately takes months for PRC to process.

Although I'm fortunate to have a hospital to work with, I'm not fully decided on accepting its offer primarily because it is not a tertiary hospital in which most recruitment agency is requiring, and it's about an hour's ride from where I'm living.

I'm still currently in the hunt for a hospital nearby. Actually, I've been to one who's willing to hire me... after the release of my IVT id, which will take about 6 months top.

God, I just wished I never took up nursing!!!

0 comments »